cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: STM32CubeIDE deleted all my source code (generate code on imported project)

I imported a project into STM32CubeIDE (from Atollic).

The Release configuration was deleted (bug), but otherwise the project looked OK.

Double-clicked on project's IOC file to start CubeMX (bug, IDE doesn't find this and otherwise CubeMX perspective comes up blank).

IOC was converted to latest version without any errors.

BUG: Generate Code wiped out all of my sources in the imported project!

Yikes.

Is there a stable release coming any time soon?

Meanwhile we'll need to stick with Atollic.

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

23 REPLIES 23

Are you getting tired of this yet? I think the whole QA team got pink slips during the transition.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tkulaga9
Associate

I'd try opening the IOC in CubeMX standalone and then generate a STM32CUBEIDE project, and then opening CUBEIDE.

I've had a similar issue when i imported a SW4STM project into CUBEIDE, then ran the IOC from CUBEIDE and all the files were wiped.

@Community member​ - I'm extremely tired of this.

Some of us actually need to get real work done on commercial projects.

STM fabs use some products I've developed...

But without reporting this stuff it'll NEVER get fixed.

AAAaaarrrggggg......

Jon Carrier
Associate II

This just happened to me as well, even wiped out my .git folder so changes that I had staged or committed locally but not pushed to the origin server have been lost as far as I can tell.

S.Ma
Principal

Buy the latest car model (or NOTE7 or 737MAX...) and you'll anyway be a beta tester...

To concentrate on coding your own application, don't be distracted by blingbling upgrades.

JCarl
Associate

This just happened to me as well. .git folder is gone and so are all my local changes I committed, but not pushed. Not a good first impression.

wynandsp
Associate III

​I am in pain...

STM32CubeIDE 1.01 completely deleted my project. Just vanished. Beautiful.

Luckily I had 0 backups.

Thanks Guys!

JJug
Associate II

Yes this happened to me. 2 month of work until I figured out that even Acronis did not backed up even once in 2 months so I lost everything. Is there a solution to get back code? I migrated from 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 but then I got error Upgraded to 1.0.2, cannot build project "stm32f1xx_hal_exti.h: No such file or directory"

Then I tried to upgrade cube from 1.7.0 to 1.8.0 and in the mean time I lost all my code.

Any help please? I tried to generate code with CubeMX but it just generated plain main.c without user code..

TAlar
Associate

I just met the same problem with CubeIDE 1.0.2

I was generating the firmware after having edited the ioc file (using the GUI). CubeIde started downloading the STM32L4 driver, what I cancelled as it's quite a big download, and as I had already downloaded it, I wanted to install it manually.

After cancelling the download, I got a NullPointerException, and all files in the project directory where removed (including .git directory).

I'm quite tired of the amount of bugs in ST applications. I've never had so many problems with the IDE from TI, Silicon Labs, Microchip. I was really seduced by STM32 ecosystem, but since the abandon of the STD Periph library and the coming of CubeMx product family, I'm very sceptic about the ability of ST to provide developper simple, efficient and reliable tools for developping.