cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any example or link to STM32L4 and SAI Audio Codec and Microphone control?

DLe.5
Associate II

Please let me know if ST had example or link to STM32L4 and SAI Audio Codec and Microphone control

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Can you please explain more your needs, your request seems not clear because SAI is not an audio codec but could be interfaced with an audio codec for audio playback/record feature.

For playback usage, you can review the SAI_AudioPlay example, which is deployed on some STM32L4 board as STM32L476G-EVAL and 32L476GDISCOVERY, STM32L4R9I-EVAL and 32L4R9IDISCOVERY :

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Projects\STM32L476G-EVAL\Examples\SAI\SAI_AudioPlay

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Projects\32L476GDISCOVERY\Examples\SAI\SAI_AudioPlay

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Projects\32L4R9IDISCOVERY\Examples\SAI\SAI_AudioPlay

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Projects\STM32L4R9I-EVAL\Examples\SAI\SAI_AudioPlay

For record usage, there is no example, but BSP Audio for some boards has been implemented to perform record from headset microphone (analog microphone connected to audio codec, audio codec connected to SAI). So, you can have look on BSP AUDIO record functions for L496 and L4R9I discovery boards.

Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
DLe.5
Associate II

Hi Imen Dahmen,

I would like to use STM32L4 and SAI Audio Codec and Microphone for controlling the HALF Duplex communication in USB connection.

Any hint or example available?

MikeDB
Lead
DLe.5
Associate II

Hi MikeDB,

We have to use the Dynamic Microphone as an input of the CODEC and STM32L4 will communicate and control audio data via I2S.

(Not the PDM)

Thanks