cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 LWIP examples

LAfon
Associate III

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to just test the ethernet on the STM32H743zi nucleo board.

The problem is that the example does not compile in any way. I assume it's because I am using the very obscure, not intended for STM32, atollic true studio and there isn't any example for it.

Anyway I try to import the SW4STM32 and it seems to be fine. I checked most of the include paths and they are fine. However nothing is included.

The deprecated_definitions.h isn't included, I add that manually to the project folder and a ton more stuff is not included.

I even checked and the example is including ARM_M4F port for freertos!

I honestly just want to check if the hardware is working, not spend a day with software problems, program the board and then not be sure if it doesn't work because of something I missed in the software.

Why not also provide the .elf to program? Anyone can provide a working .elf demo for the nucleo board?

I have been trying to use STM32CubeMX to create a LWIP project and I've compared to the example - everything seems fine but it doesn't work, hence why I need the example running

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LAfon
Associate III

Ended up having to install SW4STM32 and finally got it working. I hope in the future TrueStudio or STM32CubeIDE will have examples ready to go...

If it's useful for anyone: It seems also that if I use printf for LWIP_DEBUG I need to use newlib standard instead of newlib nano

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LAfon
Associate III

Ended up having to install SW4STM32 and finally got it working. I hope in the future TrueStudio or STM32CubeIDE will have examples ready to go...

If it's useful for anyone: It seems also that if I use printf for LWIP_DEBUG I need to use newlib standard instead of newlib nano