cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting USB VCP example for STM32F407 to STM32F405

HGies
Associate

I found an example of a a USB VCP in the "STM32F105xx, STM32F107xx, STM32F2xx and STM32F4xx USB

On-The-Go host and device library". In the relevant README it says to select "STM324xG-EVAL_USBD-FS: to configure the project for STM32F407xx devices and use USB OTG FS peripheral".

Things like an LCD or LEDs I will throw out, but what should I look out for?

• My device is a vanilla STM32F405 clocked with 8 MHz
  • What about the pin out? Are they compatible?
  • Most important: Are the internal peripherals on both devices at the same addresses?
  • What did I overlook?

Any advice would be highly appreciated

M'

2 REPLIES 2

'F405 and 'F407 are 100% identical. The only difference is, that the ETH module in 'F405 is unavailable (it's there on the chip, as the chip is identical, but it's either disabled by some fuse, or maybe not even that, just untested and not guaranteed to work).

JW

Hello, this is a really helpful answer - thank you very much. I tried several times to answer on the forum, but  got this 'Proxy Error': Proxy Error The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request /GET /cas-idp/login <>/. Reason: *Error reading from remote server* Thanks again M' Am 10.05.2019 um 23:13 schrieb ST Community: