cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: STM32CubeIDE - FreeRTOS debug windows are missing

The FreeRTOS debugging tools (as present in Atollic, NXP MCUxpresso, etc) seem to be missing in STM32CubeIDE. These include task view with stack use, semaphore/mutex view, queue view. Those of us using FreeRTOS need these!

What's going on? Are available as a plug-in somewhere?

Thanks!

Best Regards, Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stefano Oliveri
ST Employee

You can try the Stateviewer plugin starting from here: https://www.highintegritysystems.com/down-loads/stateviewer-plug-in/

It provides the Task / Queue / Timer table.

0690X000008BZAWQA4.png

Best regards,

Stefano

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Stefano Oliveri
ST Employee

You can try the Stateviewer plugin starting from here: https://www.highintegritysystems.com/down-loads/stateviewer-plug-in/

It provides the Task / Queue / Timer table.

0690X000008BZAWQA4.png

Best regards,

Stefano

Thanks @Stefano Oliveri_O​ - that works fine.

Unfortunately there are too many other bugs in STM32CubeIDE; we'll need to continue using Atollic for now...

@Stefano Oliveri_O​ - ST will fix this so FreeRTOS plug-in is included out-of-the-box in STM32CubeIDE, right?

Stefano Oliveri
ST Employee

Hi Dave,

I am not in the position to answer this question because I am a FAE working with our customers to make their products. But I will say "trust ST".

At the moment I working to figure out how to migrate my projects from TrueSTUDIO to CubeIDE because one thing is very important to me is that CubeIDE is based on the latest Eclipse platform (v4.11.0), and that is enough to make an effort.

I am not seeing bugs, as you reported in your comment, but other missing features.

For the missing features can be useful the attached (p2f) file:

1. Select the "File > Import" menu command to open the Import wizard
  2. In the "Import / Select" step select "Install Software Items from File" 0690X000008Bg5YQAS.png
  3. In the "Import / Import Software Configuration" step press the "Browse..." button and select the attached file
  4. You will see a list of the missing features plus few other plug-ins I use to manage the whole firmware development life-cycle.
  5. Select what you want and complete the wizard.

I hope this can help to restore your favorite IDE.

About the bugs, what in particular is preventing you to move from Atollic to CubeIDE? I will appreciate if you have time to share your valuable experience.

Yes, it's on the road map but I can't say for sure when.

@Stefano Oliveri_O​ - Trust is hard to earn and easily lost.

Thanks for your plugin package, but I can't use STM32CubeIDE until bugs are fixed so it can:

• generate a basic project from scratch (fails here), and
  • successfully import an existing project from Atollic

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

How does one install this plugin into stm32cubeide? The plugin, as downloaded from HighIntegritySystems, is a zip with a .dll, not a .jar

Figgered it out - it is included in @Stefano Oliveri_O​ 's .p2f clump of plugins

PVyle.1202
Associate II

I would like to also point out a briliant page general on how to debug freeRTOS on Eclipse, which is applicable for STM32CubeIDE as well:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/03/18/better-freertos-debugging-in-eclipse/