cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i do an hexapod with facial recognizer with just a STM?

mamellas
Associate

Hi, for my thesis i'd like to do an hexapod(it'll have like 14 servos) and a camera for facial recognizer. I was thinking about an arduino for the control of the robot and a pi3 for the facial recognizer, and then stm32 came to me. Will I be able to do the previously presented with just a STM microcontroller or microprocessor, if it's possible which one would be?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeDB
Lead

Any STM will replace the Arduino happily - look up Blue Pill modules which are about a $1. It even runs Arduino code if you want.

For the pi3, you'll need the new MP1 which are still in short supply, and more expensive than the pi. I'd stick with the pi for that part. With a highly optimised algorithm you possibly could scrape by with a H7 but once you add all the memory and so on, the pi3 becomes cheaper again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MikeDB
Lead

Any STM will replace the Arduino happily - look up Blue Pill modules which are about a $1. It even runs Arduino code if you want.

For the pi3, you'll need the new MP1 which are still in short supply, and more expensive than the pi. I'd stick with the pi for that part. With a highly optimised algorithm you possibly could scrape by with a H7 but once you add all the memory and so on, the pi3 becomes cheaper again.

mamellas
Associate

I'll check the Blue Pill, and stick with the pi. Thank you so much!