cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio example using STM32F769 Discovery board

MLawr
Associate III

What is a relatively easy/simple way to process analogue audio from the jacks on the STM32F769 Discovery board ? Is there already a template for this ?

I would be very grateful for any assistance with this.

I am new to programming DSP hardware, although I used to be a C programmer. What I want to do is to convolve analogue audio with an impulse response generated by MATLAB and then output the audio as analogue via the line output jack.

I have installed STM32Cube IDE, the Keil IDE and EWARM Kickstart.

4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @MLawr​ ,

1- please note that I edited your post to put a relevant title that summarizes what you are looking for.

2- You have a ready to use Audio example for the board you selected available under STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Applications\Audio\Audio_playback_and_record

3- Here the link to STM32CubeF7 package (from ST web site)

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your email.
The Audio_Playback_and_Record project does not use the serial audio interface; I want to use the stereo jackplugs to input analogue audio, convolve it with an impulse response, and then output the result as analogue audio. Any information on how to write code for this would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Martin Lawrence

Hi @Martin,

I am not sure that there is a ready to use example in the STM32CubeF7 package that answers your exact requirement.

So you can start your own project with STM32CubeMX or from another example and adapt it to your application case.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MLawr
Associate III

I have just posted another more detailed question about this. I am a Loudspeaker Research Engineer, not a DSP hardware person, so any detailed assistance that you can give would be much appreciated.