cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I implement reset button functionality without actually pressing the Reset button on the board and using some special pins on the STM32F446RE Nucleo board to do so?

SSoni
Associate III

I need to implement the reset button functionality without pressing the reset button by using, maybe, a GPIO pin on the STM board by giving HIGH or LOW on a specific pin using a GPIO of the Raspberry Pi. How can I do that?

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure what exactly you're describing, attach a diagram.

NRST can be pulsed low using NVIC_SystemReset​

To reset something else configure a pin in OD pull up mode​, and set low for a few milliseconds

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ozone
Lead

Kinda "wash me, but don't get me wet" question.

One could surely call the NVIC_SystemReset function on events like GPIO transitions. But that might not work in cases were you need it most.

The NRST does the reset regardless of the current state.

Piranha
Chief II

Also I guess that is an attitude: "Sometimes something stops working, so I'll reset the system." First of all, one should debug and correct the firmware. But even for emergency resets there is an another much more reliable and better solution - watchdog.

SSoni
Associate III

What I am trying to ask is I basically am using a raspberry pi to upgrade the firmware of STM32F446RE by using the dfu-util package of linux which is hosted by the raspberry pi. After the firmware upgrade takes place, I need to press the reset button on the STM board after removing HIGH logic from the BOOT0 pin of STM board to bring it back to normal mode. So, I was asking how can I reset the STM board through the raspberry pi's GPIO, maybe, by giving a high or a low on a certain pin of STM board so that I can get to reset it with the help of the raspberry pi when the STM is in the bootloader mode. Kindly help

Thanks

Siddharth