cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody at STM dealing with STM32CubeIDE ?

MikeDB
Lead

I've posted a couple of possible bugs and so have lots of other people and I've yet to see a single response to any question by an STM employee. The video makes it seem like the next best thing, and the IDE you'll be supporting preferentially, but this cannot be further from the truth at the moment.

9 REPLIES 9

I haven't been able to get it to work at all, posted a couple bugs yesterday, no response, Aaarrrggg....

S.Ma
Principal

Be patient. The new forum scrolls down and away posts very fast...

MikeDB
Lead

Yes - STM32CubeIDE probably needs its own heading so that doesn't happen. But I'll keep this near the top until I get an STM answer, which may involve an email to Mr Chery.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

@Markus GIRDLAND​ is active in this space and he is managing to answer question, just be patient 😉

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

One more comment: please use the topic "STM32CubeIDE" when submitting your questions so that it will appear in its dedicated space monitored by Markus.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Do you mean in the header ? In which case I always include that as part of the title name and haven't received a single response.

You don't seem to have a tag system like StackOverflow to make sure things get to the right people.

Apparently STM people are saying this product is going to revolutionise embedded software development. I think they are sort of right - I'm on the point of going to another MCU vendor unless I can get repeatable reliable results from STM's packages.

It is not the header, I am speaking about the topics (or tags) that you can assign to your question (at the bottom of question submission form).

Ah that's just highlighted another bug in this forum software. Because I use magnified text due to poor eyesight, the topics at the bottom of the question submission form isn't fully visible to me so I hadn't noticed it before. I am used to losing text off the right hand side of the screen because no scroll bar appears but haven't noticed losing text at the bottom before. Developers really should remember to develop code that works using the Microsoft Ease of Access settings and the similar features in the three main browsers.

Windows 10, Firefox latest build if you want to replicate the problem, though I've never found anybody interested before and just get used to it. I'll flip back to non-magnified mode and enter a topic next time I ask a question.

Thank you Amel,

Yes, I'm answering as fast as I can to most posts but some requires some research and/or testing to validate if I should make a ticket or not so it takes some time.

And as Amel already noted, please add STM32CubeIDE to your questions if you want me to find it.

Thank you for your understanding!