cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE NSIS Error during installation

Fabien B
Associate III

Hello,

I downloaded STM32CubeIDE v1.0.0 and tried to install it on my Windows 7 computer.

Unfortunatly I have a NSIS Error "Error launching installer". I tried to download again the file, tried on another windows 7 PC but I still have this issue.

Someone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks and best regards

Fabien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BKani.1
Associate

Same here, in Jan 2020 on Win10 64bit;

1. Copied unzipped directory to c:\
  2. Shortened its name to "en.st-stm32cubeide_1.2.0"
  3. Shortened the exe name to "st-stm32cubeide.exe"
  4. Installer started

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
SBybe
Associate II

Hello! Windows 10 also has a startup problem!

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

As a first step please make an md5sum check using the following MD5:

c1004055082e06392ea358ed796060c8

As a second step given that the first step is OK. Please check your anti-virus software log files to make sure it doesn't interfere with the launching of the installer. Please share your findings with us!

Fabien B
Associate III

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately installation still fail.

I checked the MD5 of the .exe file and it match.

I disabled my anti-virus software (Microsoft Security Essentials) but I still have the NSIS error during installation.

Are you launching from a USB stick or something similar? Do the two different PCs have the same setup? With network and anti-virus software? Are the computers 32 or 64-bit?

I've tried reproducing the error on a few of my windows computers that are on different networks with different setups but no NSIS error so far. Any specific tips to help in how I can reproduce would help a lot!

Fabien B
Associate III

The software is on my hard drive.

Please find a summary of my tests:

• I tried on a computers with Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64 bits, with Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus software and same network. NSIS Error.
  • I tried on a computers with Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64 bits, Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus software disable and same network. NSIS Error.
  • I tried on a computer with Windows 7 SP1 Pro 32 bits, without antivirus software and same network. NSIS Error.
  • I tried on on a computer with Windows 10 Pro 64 bits, with Avira antivirus software and same network. Installation work fine.

I also discover that if I unzip the file with windows embedded zip, the MD5 match with the one you provided to me. But, if I unzipped it with 7-zip software the MD5 doesn't match.

So I used always the file with the correct MD5 for all these tests.

This is very unusual and I can't seem to reproduce it.

The fact that the Windows 7 SP1 Pro 32 bits isn't working isn't a huge deal since we only support 64 bit installers. However, you should receive a dialogue explaining that instead of an NSIS error.

I tried using the installer with Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64 bit here in the office, both with and without antivirus active, and it worked both times.

Does the path to the installer contain any non-ascii characters?

Can you place the installer right in C:/st-stm32cubeide_1.0.0_2872_20190423-2022_x86_64.exe and see if it makes a difference?

Fabien B
Associate III

Thanks a lot for your help, all is working well.

Your idea was correct, the issue came from the path. In my case it was D:\Téléchargement\STM32CubeIDE

About Windows 7 32bit, the issue was an NSIS corruption file. The corruption came during unzip process. With a good .exe file, I have the correct dialogue box.

Do you have an idea about corrupted file when I used 7-zip software?

LibreServo
Associate

2019 and STILL with problems with accented vowels!!?? Really??

I had the same issue, and of course the installer said nothing in order to get a clue... pitiful >:(

Pawka
Associate

I ran into this too, and I found a solution like this:

1. Reduced the name of the folder and file to stm32cubeide_1.0.2

2. Moved the folder to the root of drive D, before it was in a folder with a name in Russian.

3. Disable 360 Total Security.

4. I use it!

Win10 Pro x64