cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX keeps compiling over and over

Zui
Senior

As title say, today my TOUCHGFX keep compling again and again even with no chenge in the code or the layout ( i literally took away my hands from keyboard, but he keeps compiling as u can see in the picture above)

0690X000008BNb5QAG.png

I apology for the second part of the image being in Italian, but essentially it's visua studio saying that some file has been changed by someone(touchGFX i'd say) and needs to be reloaded, and this keep happening, when hefinish to compile... he compiles again, my pc is melting. Any clue/help/fix?

Thanks in advance for any help

Stefano.

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Zui​,

Which version of TouchGFX are you using? We've modified the way the designer determines how to generate code and compile. By default the designer now does nothing at all, so it's up to the user to generate code and/or compile when he or she wants to.

Best regards,

Martin

thanks @Martin KJELDSEN​  for your reply.

I'm using TouchGFX Designer 4.10.0

Hi,

Okay. Can you share the project with me? Would be interesting if i could replicate it here. And it's still just building continuously? As i said, from the next version it will no longer automatically build or generate.

Best regards,

Martin

after 2 hours of restarting and preying it stopped compiling, i introduce some errors to force him stop compiling when i was ong my code, i figured out it was keep compiling only on compilable project, so introduce an error fix the problem (i mean my cpu was saved at least). now btw the problem seems solved, but i think it was some problem with the automatic bitMAP AND TEXT DATABASE, which were keep recreated (even if no modification occurred), and so all project was recompiled again and again.

Looking forward for next version 😉

Hi,

I have a difficult time understanding how this could happen unless some file monitored by the designer was changed. As i said, automatic compilation and generation is disabled in 4.11.0+ which is out soon, so i'm not sure it makes sense to chase this issue.

/Martin