Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating STM32 MCU from STM32L151VC to STM32L431

GPura
Associate

3 REPLIES 3
GPura
Associate

In my project, standard peripheral libraries are used. HAL and LL is not used. I tried STM32CubeMX software to download supported packages. However, I could get only HAL and LL files. But I need std. libraries like stm32l1xx_adc.h , stm32l1xx_gpio.h , stm32l1xx_i2c.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

There is no Standard Peripherals Library available for STM32L4 (STM32 Standard Peripheral Libraries) and STM32CubeMX is only based on STM32Cube firmware libraries (HAL and LL drivers) but not Standard peripherals library.

To migrate your project from STM32L1 to STM32L4 Series, I recommend you to use the SPL2LL converter tool, allows you to convert your SPL application to a Cube one based on LL code.

AN5044 shows the steps to migrate from an existing STM32-based application developed under the STM32 SPL to any one of the other microcontroller types using the STM32Cube LL drivers.

You can take this Application Note as reference to determine differences between the two series: AN4612 Application note "Migrating from STM32L1 Series to STM32L4 Series and STM32L4+ Series microcontrollers".

Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Yes, figure it is a good opportunity to refactor your code. ST has abandoned SPL

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..