cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failure to generate code from imported cubeMX project

Asohn
Associate

Hi, I'm trying to use STM32CubeIDE to modify an existing project developed using CubeMX and system workbench. I manage to import all the source files and the ioc files ( I get a message saying the files need to be converted, I click ok and get another message saying the files converted successfully. converter files are generated. )

However, when I try to generate code i get a message saying the code coudln't be generated because I am missing the necessary firmware. not only that,all the source files are deleted from my computer along with any other file in the working directory (!!!) other than the project file.

the converter.log file:

Project: evb_v3

Converter: ST System Workbench for STM32 project converter

Date: 20190507

Warning: Failed to find matching board for evb_v3

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.c.link.option.libs on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.c.linker

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.c.link.option.paths on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.c.linker

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.c.link.option.other on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.c.linker

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.cpp.link.option.libs on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.cpp.link.option.paths on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.cpp.link.option.other on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker

Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker.noexceptions is no longer supported

Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker.nortti is no longer supported

Value type err, id: gnu.cpp.link.option.flags

Unknown value type "" for id gnu.both.asm.option.include.paths on tool fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.assembler

Warning: Failed to find matching board for evb_v3

No map found for id: gnu.cpp.debugging.level.max

No map found for id: gnu.cpp.compiler.option.preprocessor.def.symbols

Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker.noexceptions is no longer supported

Option fr.ac6.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cross.cpp.linker.nortti is no longer supported

edit: Instead of saving the changes in the cube interface and then answering yes when asked if to generate code, i first generated the code before making changes using Alt+k, then made the changes and then generated the code using Alt+k again. this worked fine.

0 REPLIES 0