cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharing projects between collegues: folders of libraries not accessible

Schmid.M.
Senior

Hi,

I am always working together with collegues on the same code using GIT as a version management.

Now with CubeIDE, if a collegue creates a project, all the repositories are placed in

C:/Users/USERNAME/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.2/

If now I synchronise with his project using GIT, I can not compile the code because the USERNAME in the path is not correct on my computer.

Using CubeMX and Atollic Truestudio, we could avoid this problem by placing the repos under another user-independent folder like

C:/STM32/Repositories/STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.2

But this option in cubeMX is not available anymore in CubeIDE (this path in the project manager is greyed out and not changable)

How are we supposed to gracefully work together using CubeIDE? this seems to me like a neccessary basic functionality for professional usage of the IDE.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

It's only supposed to be greyed out if you have an .ioc editor open. If you close any .ioc editor (even if it's not the active tab) you should be able to edit.

Let me know if it's still greyed out for you after closing.

Thank you. actually, I don't really understand you - of course the CubeMX .ioc editor is opened, because I would like to change the path in it. please see the screenshot below.0690X000008BJnCQAW.png

I understand your confusion, I'm changing the setting through Windows -> Preferences -> STM32Cube.

I'll attach a screenshot:

0690X000008BJoUQAW.png

Schmid.M.
Senior

thank you, I did not know there was an option for this in the preferences menu. However, after changing the path there to a global one, still in the .ioc file the (greyed out) path remains C:/Users/USERNAME/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_L0_V1.11.2/

Sorry about the delayed response. I did some testing as I also had the path remaining.

From what I can tell so far you need to restart the IDE completely after doing the change in Window -> Preferences -> STM32Cube and then it will change inside the .ioc file as well (but only after restart).

This is not intended behavior so I'll make a ticket about improving it.

Schmid.M.
Senior

thanks, indeed restarting the IDE helps.

Still, if I regenerate the code using this path, there are still references to the old C:/Users/USERNAME/STM32Cube/Repository path left in the .cproject and .project file, which make it impossible to compile the code. It seems like I would need to start a new cubeMX project with the new global path and then manually copy the source code and project settings into this new project.

I really wonder if there is not another way of working together with collegues, which is more "nice" and requires less headache then just using a global path for the repository. Maybe the repository could somehow be included into the project itself completely, using only project relative pathes?

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I'll add the information regarding .cproject and .project file to the ticket and also link to this thread.

Project structure in general is being discussed heavily inside the Cube ecosystem at the moment as we all try to agree on a way we're all happy with. Hopefully they'll come to a solution that could make it even easier to work with colleagues as well. All the different suggestions have different pros and cons.

Schmid.M.
Senior

ok, thank you.