cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bug? The disassembly view in cube ide on linux doesn't scroll properly, the disassembly scrolls fine, but the addresses and opcodes are stuck until the window is resized or manually refreshed

yakabmarci
Senior

8 REPLIES 8
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I just tried to install it on my test Linux and I don't seem to be experiencing the same issue.

Could you provide some details about the distribution of Linux and how to recreate it?

yakabmarci
Senior

Sure, hope it helps

Linux version is Linux Mint 19,1 Xfce 64-bit

4.15.0-48-generic #51-Ubuntu x86_64

I tried it on 2 PCs same linux distro, the problem appears on both of them, but not on windows.

How to reproduce it.

Install the debian package

Create a new project, I used stm32f746g discovery, using onboard stlink debugger

Create simple blinky project, or just the template code generated by the cubemx component

Enter debug mode, debug perspective, open disassembly view

Pause program execution

Scroll disassembly window using scrollbar

Result -> only the disassembly part of the window is scrolled, the address and opcodes and function offsets (if activated) are not scrolled, they get updated if the window is resized or manually updated, or when you scroll far enough sometime it gets update

I noticed this on linux only, the same test on windows worked fine.

yakabmarci
Senior

0690X000008BL4sQAG.gif

I tried it again, this time on another Linux with Ubuntu. Now, I don't have the exact same setup as you with different board and a bit different Linux distribution, but I just can't seem to get the same problem. I tried scrolling, dragging the bar as you do in the gif and at different speeds at different sized windows but it always seemed to work.

Not sure what could be the problem and why I can't reproduce it. Do you experience this problem in any other view?

Also, if any other Linux user comes across this thread. Do you experience this as well?

Ozone
Lead

Such effects may depend on the installed Java package.

I noticed this only in the disassembly view, but haven't used it much.

Maybe I could try it on some other distro, but all my PCs run some flavor of linux mint.

If you need more info I could check more things...

Also I forgot to say that this is on GDB server connection (not openOCD) (if it matters)

but I think this is somehow more of a java issue(?)

Here is my java version:

openjdk 11.0.2 2019-01-15

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.2+9-Ubuntu-3ubuntu118.04.3)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.2+9-Ubuntu-3ubuntu118.04.3, mixed mode, sharing)

Edit: spelling

Tomasz Motylewski
Associate II

I do have the same problem with the current Linux Mint 19.3.

java -version

openjdk version "11.0.7" 2020-04-14

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.7+10-post-Ubuntu-2ubuntu218.04)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.7+10-post-Ubuntu-2ubuntu218.04, mixed mode, sharing)

Which version is recommended for

STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.2.0

Build: 5034_20200108_0926 (UTC)

?

I will try 1.3.0 soon.

Tomasz Motylewski
Associate II

I have tried

STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.3.0

Build: 5720_20200220_1053 (UTC)