cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX with STMM32F469I-Disco demonstration - compiles but does not run correctly

RSmit.12
Associate II

Hello everyone,

Need help with this one. I've downloaded and used TouchGFX in an attempt to learn how to use it but the results I get are garbled pictures (but text is OK). Even basic examples don't display correctly. I don't think it's a board problem as other demos using the display work fine.

In this case ..\STM32469I-Discovery\Demonstrations\TouchGFX\SW4STM32\* is the source folder. I've enclosed a video of the first few seconds of run time. The debug session seems to report a critical error, though why is a mystery. The code is unmodified from the CubeF4 download.

As a side note any projects I build using TouchGFX itself also yields garbled results.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Rich

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

I'm almost sure that you have not programmed your external flash (since texts in internal flash display okay, and probably also boxes).

Best regards,

Martin

RSmit.12
Associate II

Hello Martin,

Ah, I thought I had ST-Link setup correctly. Do you think that's where the problem is?

Do you have any handy examples please?

Cheers,

Rich

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

It sounds like a very classic scenario you're describing, yeah. The application works, texts and boxes are fine but where the images are supposed to be there's just garbage.

The hex file for the application contains the entire memory region including qspi 0x9000000 -> . Just use ST-Link (or STCubeProgrammer) and select the appropriate flashloader for STM32F469I-DISCO.

You must've gotten a warning of some kind, if i'm right that is, that you could not program the entire memory range.

Best regards,

Martin

RSmit.12
Associate II

Hello Martin,

Well I had used the Cube Programmer, but aside from a nicer GUI it looks functionally the same as ST-link. When downloading there was no error, everything looked to have completed. I had been using the full flash file rather than intflash.

The application I filmed definitely crashed (a debug session showed this to be a critical fault, suggesting that the memory was corrupted) so clearly something was wrong with my setup.

Would you recommend ST_Link, or the newer programmer? I'll regenerate the full application and delete any old settings just to give it another go.

Many thanks for all of your suggestions!

Rich

RSmit.12
Associate II

Quick follow-up; finally I got it to work. The programmer dumps any previous configuration if closed down and then opened again - this is why I was having trouble.

Thanks Martin for your help,

Rich

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

No problem, @Community member​,

> Would you recommend ST-Link, or the newer programmer? 

I use both, to be honest. ST-Link sometimes provides more information. Other times i have more luck with CubeProgrammer on e.g. H7 based boards 🙂