cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In your opinion what is the best way to learn USB Host HAL Driver functionality !!!

MAlek
Associate II

What is/are the best document(s) should i use to improve my knowledge about USB Host HAL driver. 

I yet didn't find a reasonable explanation of how it works in detail ...

Thank you !

ps: Could you link to a good PDF about that ?

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

It depends on your definition of best: less time or less cost?

If you ask my opinion, the best way is to ask someone who is familiar with the code and made projects with it to explain it to you.

In other words, hire a consultant 😉

Or, buy a good USB library which has needed functionality, and don't learn the ST HAL stuff at all.

-- pa

MAlek
Associate II

Hey Guys perhaps i wasn't clear enough ...

What is a good tutorial/article/video/book to help us going deep in the USB details ?

Is there some video tutorials from ST an the programming reference, but it still is very "superficial" .

Thnx

ps: We don't want to buy a USB library

ps2: We do not want to hire a consultant, but we would like to study and become consultants ourselves.

ps3: All opinions are very welcome !

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

I recommend to have a look to the User manual UM1720 User manual "STM32Cube USB host library".

You will find examples for the topic in the STM32Cube package relevant for your device.

As example, STM32CubeF4 of STM32F4 devices, you find examples in "USB-Host"folder at this path: STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MAlek
Associate II

Hello Imen,

thank you for your kind answer !

I've appreciated very much, but I 've already read the UM1720 pdf (and much others including the reference manual). The texts are good, but makes only an introduction to the Host library.

We are in a huge project and We will need to go deep and "tweak" the library. So I was thinking how could we get some sort of shortcut and find the path to improve the learning speed (without the need of analyzing each example).

Do you know other material, something as the STM 32 USB training ?

Thank you again !