cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Launching STM32L476RG_nucleo.elf has encountered a problem. Error starting process'

pclem
Associate

I am on a windows 7 PC and used to work with MBED, then AC6 SW4STM32 without problem with an own made card with a L476RG mcu.

I downloaded STM32IDE to test it, the installation ok without problem.

I uploaded a very simple program called GPIO_IOT_toggled from examples. The building works fine. At the time to run the program, I choose "run as "local C/C++ application" (the only choice).

A little window says:

'Launching STM32L476RG_nucleo.elf has encountered a problem. Error starting process'

When clicking on "details" I get:

"Cannot run program "C:\Users\YPCU5336\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.14.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L476RG\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_IOToggle\SW4STM32\STM32L476RG_NUCLEO\Debug\STM32L476RG_NUCLEO.elf": Launching failed"

Can someone tell me if I missed some tuning in the STM32CubeIDE ?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

When you mention you upload the CPIO_IOT_toggled program did you import it from SW4STM32 format to CubeIDE in that process?

I've tried a similar example (on a NUCLEO-L4R5ZI) and it seems to be working for me.

Could you activate the gdb server log in your debug configuration and paste that for me?

Hi Markus, Sorry for the delay, I had to travel overseas... I activated the GDB server log, you can find this trace enclosed. When I launch "RUN as", I see one only option : "local C/C++ Application" that leads to a choice of 2 options: a- STM32L476RG_nucleo debug b- STM32L476RG_nucleo.elf each of these options don't work and the choice 2 leads to the previously described error message When I launch "debug as", I see 2 options: 1- "local C/C++ Application" 2- "STM32 MCU C/C++ application" each of these 2 options lead to options a et b above When choosing option b, the same error message when choosing option a, it works (I enter debug mode, when I quit debug the program works normally) One more point: I tried to avoid going through "RUN as" or "DEBUG as" by dragging and dropping the executable .bin directly to my STLINK Node_L476RG representation in the file explorer, and THAT WORKS. Thank you for your time Philippe <> Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com <> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>