cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.10.0 with STM32CubeIDE 1.0.0 and STM32F476G-Disco

hansd56
Senior II

Not really a question. I have attached a little test project for the STM32F476-Disco board using the newest ST tools. There are still problems and changes need to be made to the project. The Simulator and Build Code buttons do not work in the designer. The TouchGFX command line tool must be used for building the objects and the simulator. The simulator.exe file is located in the build folder within the TouchGFX folder. Before loading it into the target the code must be build with STM32CubeIDE.

11 REPLIES 11
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @hansd56​,

Thanks for the feedback, that's really helpful. I'll pass it on.

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Just to be clear, what do you mean by "Do not work" - They're disabled or nothing happens or something else? I downloaded your project and the buttons are present here but i'm getting some post-generate error when pressing either button - Just to verify that's also what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Hi Martin,
Thanks for your reply. That's what I mean. The buttons are present but there are errors during the build. It works fine with the command line tool.
Regards,
Hans

That's great, thanks. I will pass this on.

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

So i've figured out at least one issue - After code has been generated we call a post-generate command to update a particular project file (e.g. IAR, KEIL). But since CubeIDE is brand new, the existing command to update projects fails.

If you replace the "post generate" command in the .touchgfx file with "echo post generate" (it will complain if nothing is set), you will be able to run your simulator in the touchgfx designer at least.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

This means that for now you have to update your CubeIDE project manually with new files (generated or otherwise).

The last problem with compiling from CubeIDE is that it's referencing libtouchgfx in a wrong way.

Go to C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols -> Library Paths and change the entry to "/TouchGFX_Simulator/Middlewares/ST/TouchGFX/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc" - The linker is simply looking in the wrong spot.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III
arm-none-eabi-size  TouchGFX_Simulator.elf 
arm-none-eabi-objdump -h -S TouchGFX_Simulator.elf > "TouchGFX_Simulator.list"
  text	  data	  bss	  dec	  hex	filename
 304782	  252	 44196	 349230	 5542e	TouchGFX_Simulator.elf
Finished building: default.size.stdout
Finished building: TouchGFX_Simulator.list

10:27:15 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 12s.369ms)

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

So one issue i will raise is the post-generate script not being able to understand the CubeIDE format - But it's possible to update this manually for now.

Yes, I can confirm. The simulator is happy now.