cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32-F429ZI can't run any example of TouchGFX Designer in the board.

GFocu
Associate II

I have installed the last version of TouchGFX Designer.

I choose the board STM32-F429ZI and an example.

I may simulate the example in the computer and it work correctly. But, even though I have connected the board to computer, the button "Run Target" is unavailable.

I also have STMCubeMX installed, but I do not believe that it can affect TouchGFX Designer.

0690X000008BGjvQAG.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mon2
Senior III

Hi. Just tested the same 4.10.0 TouchGFX with the latest CubeMX toolchain (updated earlier this week) -> launched TouchGFX first and selected the same target kit and we do see the Run Target button.

Suggest for you to re-install the toolchains and be sure that you have granted the Administrative rights when asked (this was asked by CubeMX during installation).

You can also test by starting a fresh project to see if that changes your issue. Please post back.

BTW - my box is on Windows 7 64 bit so do post your OS details for the developers to review. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mon2
Senior III

Hi. What if you select Generate Code? Does that change the missing button status?​

GFocu
Associate II

Although I select "Generate Code", the button "Run Target" is unavailable.

What are your tool versions?

Which Windows os version?​

Mon2
Senior III

Hi. Just tested the same 4.10.0 TouchGFX with the latest CubeMX toolchain (updated earlier this week) -> launched TouchGFX first and selected the same target kit and we do see the Run Target button.

Suggest for you to re-install the toolchains and be sure that you have granted the Administrative rights when asked (this was asked by CubeMX during installation).

You can also test by starting a fresh project to see if that changes your issue. Please post back.

BTW - my box is on Windows 7 64 bit so do post your OS details for the developers to review. Hope this helps.

GFocu
Associate II

Already It work well.

I have updated the toolchains and i have started new project, and now i can Run Target.

Thank you very much for your help.