cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First approach to nucleo and TrueSTUDIO

LFavr
Associate

Hello,

I'm a beginner in the STM32 world so I bough the evaluation board presented in the step-by-step tutorial (from ST) the Nucleo Board with STM32L476RG, I followed the 5 steps and I was pretty sure to be able to download the example program and debug it. Unfortunately, after pressing Debug I've got this error: "Failure at line 13 in Target Software Startup Script. Please edit the debug configuration settings. Error finishing flash operation". I'm just guessing it could be due to a wrong memory bank selection but I dont know how to check it.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.

True studio version 9.3.0

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Did you make any changes to the project? If you have an ST board you should be able to create a project for it and instantly debug.

I'm not familiar with this step-by-step tutorial, is it another project you import into TrueSTUDIO?

LFavr
Associate

Hello Markus,

I've tried the example with non changes and I've also tried a new empty project created using Cubemx. I've got the same error, just on different lines but in both case the scrip command corresponding to the line error is "load".

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

I see. Could you enable the gdb server log in the "Debugger" tab of the debug configuration and paste it here? It's the little check box next to "Log to file:"

GFavr
Associate II

Here the log file

Thanks