Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 step-by-step

GFavr
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5
Jack Peacock_2
Senior III
  1. Read one of the Cortex M books for basics on ARM Cortex M controllers.
  2. Read through one of the STM32 reference manuals to get an idea of on-board resources.
  3. Get an eval board, one of the Discovery series (Nucleos don't have much in resources).
  4. Install TrueStudio, run through the eval software to get some experience.
  5. Contract for a Falcon X heavy lifter with SpaceX
  6. Purchase low orbit habitat from Bigelow (they have some already in orbit).
  7. Arrange for launch date at Kennedy or Baikonur
  8. Transport your project to orbit
  9. Consider narrowing the scope of questions in the future while watching Earth pass below....

Jack Peacock

https://www.google.com/search?q=STM32+step-by-step

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Do you know STM32 Step-by-step ? This tutorial helps you as getting started on building projects with the STM32 MCU and using ecosystem.

I recommend you to start with STM32CubeMX tool allows you to choose the microcontroller, select the peripherals you want and map them to pins graphically, then generating C initialization code on supported toolchains (EWARM, MDK-ARM, SW4STM32, TrueSTUDIO,..).  

You can also refer to the working applications under the STM32Cube firmware package relevant to your device.

Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
GFavr
Associate II

OK ,ok, you are all right. I did a mistake pressing enter before writing all the details about my issue. Unfortunately there is no way (or at least I didn't fin it) to delete the post.

I went through the reference manual and I have tried to follow it step-by-step.

I though the best way to start and learn was to follow the ST step-by-step guide.

The Nucleo Board is the Nucleo-L476RG.

Imen, thanks for your answer, that's exactly what I did, the full process works fine using STM32CubeMX to generate a EWARM project but it doesn't for True Studio. Actually the issue I have is not on compiling, is on loading the program into the target. The message I get is " Failure at line 13 in Target Software Startup script" . Opening the script at line 13 the command is "load".

I really want to apologize for my mistake in sending my first post, it is definitively not a good way to start but, your answer make me feeling that the community is very active and keen to help each other.

Thanks

You can edit your posts to add more details. See DOWN ARROW icon top upper right of each post.

Support for the GNU tools is a bit hit and miss. The Keil builds tend to be more robust, and the evaluation compiler can support small test apps up to 32KB, and there is a free license for STM32 CM0(+) devices.

Personally I would have preferred ST get a licence with Keil rather than have wasted all this money/resources on Atollic.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..