cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L431KBU6 - can't get past clock initialization

beatloman91
Associate II

Hi!

I'm just starting learning STM32, I got a st-link cutoff from a nucleo-board. I find programming ready boards a bit boring, so I went straight to naked MCU on breakout boards.

So I got this STM32L431KBU6 chip on breakout and I can't get it to start. Here is the GPIO config, 0690X000008BEo0QAG.png

and the clock config. That is one from many I tried, I only tried with with internal clocks, MSI in different configs and HSI with different combinations of multipliers and dividers 0690X000008BEpDQAW.png

When I run a debug in Keil, I just can't get past some cycle. I think it's already some error handler, but I don't get it shown in C code.0690X000008BEojQAG.png

The thing is I managed already to run a "hello world" on another mcu (stm32l412K8t6), so I don't understand, what is so special with this one that I don't get correctly?

Thanks in advice for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pull BOOT0 Low​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Pull BOOT0 Low​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you very much! That helped, although I'm still confused as to why it wasnt't needed on stm32l412K8t6? The "Boot modes" parts on both datasheets are basically 1 to 1, there is no difference I can read about in datasheet.