cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L443 Low power

JVida.18
Associate II

Running application on board, STM32L443RCT6 at stop mode 1 with RTC wakeup at 1s is about 2.3mA

At this board, removing VDD regulator MCP1703 is about 25uA, once i run ( even the low power examples of Cube ) minimun consumption i got is about 2.3mA,

First i developped the application in the same board running on SMT32F072 and consumption was about 30uA with RTC , then i ,modified it to work with STM32L443RCT6 for lower consumption and better performance and i got these 2.3mA.

2 REPLIES 2
Geoffrey1
Associate III

Either your processor is not entering stop mode or something else is using current (e.g. by driving through the pins). It's a lot of work to eliminate all the current "vampires", but this processor is certainly capable of extremely low power operation. Our experience with stop mode 2 on a l432 is around 2uA in our configuration (an external RTC and an accelerometer in activity detection mode) and down to 420nA in standby mode. I'd start by carefully reading the reference manual and HAL examples for entering stop mode.

JVida.18
Associate II

Hi Geoffrey, i look for all pins to leave them like in the case of STM32F072, inputs (PU or PD) or analog most cases (consider the L8669 regulator is consumming aobut 25uA off total 30uA in quiescent, and i've been able to do low consumption with F072, source code has just been updated from F0 to L4.

Once migrated to L443, with debugger (JLINK+OZONE) i can se the cpu going sleep and awaking every second with RTC interrupt, my concerns are about USB or DEBUG block, rings a bell that an user asked for similar issue having 2.3mA in Stop 1 mode, but nobody answered him.

Regards