cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get the Keil target to build without errors.

Matt3
Associate II

I am using the STM32F469I Disco board.I have created a project and then opened the generated Keil project. I simply try to build the generated project. The errors appear to be caused by not linking to the 'stm32f469xx.h' file. The correct compiler #define has been added. I even removed all the ELIF statements and hardcoded the correct header file with no joy. I was expecting this to build without any extra work. Is this the case?

I have tried this on 2 projects with the same outcome. One is a project with 4 empty screens. The other is a project that I was using to test screen designs using visual studio. This is running in visual studio but will not build in Keil.

I am using Keil uVision 5. Although I have used TouchGFX in the past it was on an older version. I also never used the generated Keil project but linked the generated files to my own project. Was hoping not to have to do this.

4 REPLIES 4
Matt3
Associate II

FYI: I have found the cause of this issue. Although the project uses the 'STM32F469-DISCO' board the project has the 'STM32F427ZITx' processor selected in the 'Device' options. I changed this to the correct device and compiled without errors. I'd be very surprised if this isn't a known issue as anyone using this board and the generated project will come across this issue.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Matt​,

Did you generate the project through CubeMX?

Best regards,

Martin

Matt3
Associate II

Hi Martin,

No, It is the project that is generated by TouchGFX. It creates several projects for different platforms. As I have described above I now have it working. The project it created had the wrong processor selected in the 'Options->Device'. Once I changed this it sort of worked. There was actually one more error. Although it now built I could not load it. This was because I had to add a programming algorithm (Highlighted below):

0690X000008B8WtQAK.png

Once this was added it all worked....... so far!

I am surprised that I haven't seen this issue flagged somewhere else as I'm guessing this board is very popular and anyone using the generated Keil project would have the same issues I did. It is a simple fix but took me a while to figure out as I started down the wrong path.

Rgs,

Matt

Hi @Matt​,

Good job getting it working. What was the processor set to that you had to fix?

/Martin