cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run without debug

frankfrank956
Associate III

Trying out the new STM32CubeIDE. Mostly, I like it. There are some rough edges and dialogues that do not behave properly (at least on the Mac) but the thing I cannot make work is to add a 'Run' configuration to the toolbar.

I want to just build the code and flash it without having to open the Debug Perspective.

The preferences indicate that he options should be there but hey do not show in the toolbar.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since 1.3.0 run mode is supported. Just select your project within project explorer then:

0693W000003BdD8QAK.jpg

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

This wasn't implemented in 1.0 as we didn't have time, but it's planned to get implemented at a later point.

For now you can go to the debug configuration to the "Startup" tab and put "quit" in the Run Commands box.

It's the closest thing to a workaround for now.

Ah - OK. Thanks for getting back with that.

At the risk of pushing my luck, what does your release schedule look like?

I can't share that, I'm afraid. The schedule also changes quite frequently depending on new demands/requests and I don't want to disappoint people by saying a date which we then don't release at.

Schmid.M.
Senior

for me, only adding "quit" did not work out with Segger GDB tool. here is what I needed to add:

0690X000008BQcuQAG.png

MattKefford
Associate III

I am on v1.4, is there any update on whether this feature has been added yet?

Since 1.3.0 run mode is supported. Just select your project within project explorer then:

0693W000003BdD8QAK.jpg

Ah I see, thanks. That wasn't very clear to me as usually it is called "flash" or "download" but I guess eclipse is designed more for C++ PC applications rather than a dedicated embedded IDE.

Yes Eclipse wording ...

@frankfrank956​  If works for you please tag such topic as Answered will help community

I don’t think I can do that as it isn’t my topic, I believe only frankfrank956 can do it.