cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It seems there is a mistake in STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.13.0\Projects\STM32L4R9I-EVAL\Examples\OSPI\OSPI_NOR_MemoryMapped project

MHo.15
Associate III

It seems there is a mistake in STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.13.0\Projects\STM32L4R9I-EVAL\Examples\OSPI\OSPI_NOR_MemoryMapped project, the STM32L4R9I-EVAL board flash chip is connected in OCTOSPI1, but in this project, the instance is OSPIHandle.Instance = OCTOSPI2; . This project can run successfully, but actually it is accessing external RAM, not external FLASH. If we change the instance to the correct OCTOSPI1, it will run into error handler very soon. Please provide correct example code, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

This is not a mistake. The example use a OSPI NOR memory in memory-mapped mode with the OctoSPI IO Manager (OCTOSPIM) allows to set a fully programmable pre-mapping of the OCTOSPI1 and OCTOSPI2 signals. Any OCTOSPIM_Pn_x port signal can be mapped independently to OCTOSPI1 or OCTOSPI2.

In this example, the OCTOSPI2 mapped with OCTOSPIM port1.

Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

This is not a mistake. The example use a OSPI NOR memory in memory-mapped mode with the OctoSPI IO Manager (OCTOSPIM) allows to set a fully programmable pre-mapping of the OCTOSPI1 and OCTOSPI2 signals. Any OCTOSPIM_Pn_x port signal can be mapped independently to OCTOSPI1 or OCTOSPI2.

In this example, the OCTOSPI2 mapped with OCTOSPIM port1.

Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MHo.15
Associate III

Hi Imen,

Problem fixed. Thanks a lot 😅

Martin