cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the ST plan Eeprom emulation for STM32G0x0?

JAN R
Associate III

Dear,

I would like to use STM32G0x0 mcu for my new project, but the eeprom is missing. How to emulate the eeprom from flash? I supose the solution will be different from the STM32Fxx series.. Is not it?

Best Regards, Jan.

6 REPLIES 6

Honestly, how hard is it to manage a couple of 2KB Flash pages to store the data/structures you need?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JAN R
Associate III

I do not know, but I have experience with asf lib. from Amel (SAMD21 M0+) and I know there were not so clear steps for saving data to flash... Fro example Lib.c for emulate eeprom has 977 lines of code

kurta999
Senior

I rather would be interested in real EEPROM, it only present in L0 series AFAIK. Does anybody know anything about real EEPROM in future chips, or I can forget that?

I hope you are aware of the compromises you make with an EEPROM emulation, instead of EEPROM.

You would have to ask ST. It is all a matter of sales price vs. use cases. The 16/32 bit wide erase/program capability and the increased durability (erase cycles) come at a price, which a number of large-scale customers is not willing to pay.

Since the EEPROM erase/programming times are in the millisecond range as well, external serial EEPROMs are an option with little timing/code overhead.

Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

On the register interface level, the G0's flash controller is (almost) identical to the L4's. It should be fairly straightforward to port x-cube-eeprom and AN4894 to the G0 family.