cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to patch the Kernel in Developer_Package

Vthul
Associate II

Inorder to build a developer package, i am following the link : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Developer_Package

I am not able to apply the patch to the linux kernel. 

when i try to apply patches the terminal is stuck

STM32MP157c-DK2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I looks you are not in the correct directory to apply the patch.

you should be in (..)sources/arm-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi/linux-stm32mp-4.19-r0/linux-4.19.9

and use this command : $for p in `ls -1 ../*.patch`; do patch -p1 < $p; done 

Also, are you in shell compatible with SDK cross-compilation ?

If not please do this before any other command :

$source [Developer_Package_Path]/SDK/environment-setup-cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Vthul​ 

In order I can help can you please confirm you are at step "5.2.2 Building and deploying the Linux kernel for the first time" of the wiki.

You refer to the README.HOW_TO.txt ?

Can you please share exactly the steps you have followed ? Are you doing installation in build directory or in source path ?

Can you share a screen copy of the command freezing the terminal ?

Thx

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Vthul
Associate II

0690X000008B1nOQAS.jpgHi @Community member​ ,

Thanks for your reply.

In order I can help can you please confirm you are at step "5.2.2 Building and deploying the Linux kernel for the first time" of the wiki.

You refer to the README.HOW_TO.txt ? ---Yes

I am following the README.HOW_TO.txt.

I have extracted the Linux files and obtained the patches.

So the step is to apply the patches before compiling if i am not wrong.

To apply patches, i am doing this

So in 3rd point ---> $> for p in `ls -1 <path to patch>/*.patch`; do patch -p1 < $p; done

and i get as in above screen shot

<path to patch> i am already in current working directory as that of the linux Kernel

Regards,

Viveknath

I looks you are not in the correct directory to apply the patch.

you should be in (..)sources/arm-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi/linux-stm32mp-4.19-r0/linux-4.19.9

and use this command : $for p in `ls -1 ../*.patch`; do patch -p1 < $p; done 

Also, are you in shell compatible with SDK cross-compilation ?

If not please do this before any other command :

$source [Developer_Package_Path]/SDK/environment-setup-cortexa7t2hf-neon-vfpv4-openstlinux_weston-linux-gnueabi

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Hello ,

Also, are you in shell compatible with SDK cross-compilation ? -> yes

and use this command : $for p in `ls -1 ../*.patch`; do patch -p1 < $p; done - this worked .

thanks a lot