cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see that the STM32WB55xx supports a Rf amplifier using Pin PB0 as TX indicator. Is there any provision for a external pre-amplifier RX indicator and sleep mode indicator to drive a external FEM such as the SKY66112? It needs TX,RX and Sleep mode inputs.

EVan.11
Associate II

9 REPLIES 9
Marc Laury
Associate II

​Effectively, the STM32WB support external PA. We plan to develop reference design with STM32WB + Ext PA in the next weeks.

Best Regards.

Hi Marc,
When you say "Ext Pa" do you mean something such as a FEM i.e. SKY66112-11 chip, that is both TX-pa and receive pre-amplifier?
Regards,
Eugene
Marc Laury
Associate II

​Hi Eugene,

Yes I speak about TX-PA and RX-LNA.

Best Regards.

Marc.

Hi Marc,    I'm doing a module right now using the STM32WB55 (68 Pin ) and the SKY66112-11. I assume there isn't a specific pin to drive the  RX side as we have on the TX side. Inverting the TX pin would do it if there was a sleep pin or indicator to negate this when sleeping i.e. logic and between sleep mode indicator and inverted TX pin should drive the RX side and take care of sleep modes as well. Is this assumption correct?
Thanks,    Eugene

Hi Marc,

We are developing Kids tracker for In-School application and have selected STM32WB part. We find its range less for such application (typical range required 1000 meters). As you have mentioned in the above post that you are also working on it.

It will be great if we can get your advice or preliminary work like recommended circuit etc. to start with.

Although we are considering sky66112-11 FEM for this.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

VK Verma

Marc Laury
Associate II

Hi Eugene,

The first Ext PA we have designed with the STM32WB55 is the SKY66118_11

Your choice is more complex because there 3 possible paths TX/RX/Bypass) ans the possibility to connect 2 antennas.

We plan also to evaluate your reference.

Best Regards.

Marc.

lukasz2
Associate III

Hi Marc,

Is there any progress in reference how to connect external PA to STM32WB55.

How to set PIN PB0 (or other pin) as TX indicator.

Best Regards,

Lukas

Marc Laury
Associate II

Hi Lukas,

The pin PB6 is dedicated to drive the TX/RX for the ext PA.

A dedicated application note will be soon available on st.com

Best Regards.

Marc.

Hi Marc,

Currently, I used the same solution of STM32WB55RG+SKY66112-11 to get more power and sensitivity, so how about the configuration for the external PLNA?  Any document  can provide to above question?

Thanks.