cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of regular self test on MEMS.

AndyDoubleA
Associate

Hello everyone, I'm developing an IoT product with the LIS3DH and I'm thinking about running the self-test regularly this could be anything between 30 minutes and 2 hours; would this kind of behavior impact the life of the sensor? is there any data or recommendations for running the self-test regularly ?

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​Hi Andy, we regularly perform the self test on all the axl (including LIS3DH) in production line. There should be no issue in repeating self test in time. But, just for my curiosity, why do you need to perform self test on such a time base? The accelerometer procedure described in the app note is performed to guarantee that the sensor is working properly and the parameters of the interface chip are within the defined specifications, but could be performed only few times during the product lifetime. Regards

AndyDoubleA
Associate

Hi Eleon, thanks for your reply, our status ping is in this time frame (30 mins to 2 hours), so for system status and system operation/maintenance we want to know if the MEMS is working correctly.

regards