cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compile with TrueSTUDIO onto a blue pill board?

themadscientist
Associate II

I've not been able to find anything that explicitly shows how to use TrueSTUDIO to compile onto a board, how do you do this???

6 REPLIES 6

How do you believe that using the compiler/IDE to build for Board X is materially different from Board Y? Try not to paint yourself into a corner.

Find something that is a sufficiently close approximation to the board you have and adapt for the specific pins and configuration. Look for example projects on other similar F1 boards/platforms. Are you wedded to TrueStudio? You have some experience with it in other contexts?

Connectivity via DFU/USB or an ST-LINK JTAG/SWD pod is more similar than not between boards.

Check the Blue Pill vendor(s) sites for specific/tailored advice, or schematics to understand connectivity

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
turboscrew
Senior III

Or compile for the processor (stm32f103C8). Not for a board. There's basically nothing programmable on the board other than the processor itself.

My intent is to compile for the processor as I'm only using the blue pill for prototyping my code, later i will be using the processor solo on a custom PCB. My issue is that I can't figure out how to compile for the processor with TrueStudio.

I'm using the blue pill for prototyping with the intent of using the processor standalone once i prove the code works. I'm using TrueStudio because I thought CubeMX was really convenient for pin configuration and can export to TrueStudio, is there another way to do any of this I don't know about?

> My issue is that I can't figure out how to compile for the processor with TrueStudio.

Usually, you start with creating a TrueStudio project for said MCU. The IDE will chose the proper resources (e.g. linker script, startup file) for you.

With CubeMX, you do that already inside Cube - supposedly.

I "Generated Code" with CubeMX with TrueStudio toolchain/IDE selected then opened the project in TrueStudio where I wrote my code. I'm fairly sure that's what I'm supposed to do and as the processor is set in CubeMX then one would think it's all good to go in TrueStudio?!?

Assuming that's all dandy what do I have to do with the processor (STM32F103C8) and what buttons do I need to press in TrueStudio to make it load onto the processor?