cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bl072z end node i-cube-lrwan example doesnt send join request

jg_spitfire
Senior

Hi, i am trying to connect mi board to TTN but in my gateway(a pycom lopy4 which is online) terminal doesnt appear any join request, i have made this changes in the end_node example code:

in commissioning.h:

#define STATIC_DEVICE_EUI                    1

#define LORAWAN_DEVICE_EUI { 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x10 }

#define LORAWAN_JOIN_EUI { provided by TTN }

#define LORAWAN_APP_KEY { provided by TTN }

#define LORAWAN_NWK_KEY { LORAWAN_APP_KEY }

in regioneu868.h:

#define EU868_DEFAULT_DATARATE                     DR_5 (also mi gateway has this DR)

in lora.c:

#define LORAWAN_DUTYCYCLE_ON                       false

i have made this changes bassed on the st workshop with the bl072z board:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P90qrje5ndI&list=PLnMKNibPkDnECerjxSNJzMJ9njyqovVB9&index=4

in teraterm i see the device EUI, app EUI, app KEY and all matches with the values written in the code and got from TTN but the device is continuosly printing:

Txdone

RxTimeout

RxTimeout

did i forget to change something? ... thanks

2 REPLIES 2
d.hinojosa.cordova
Associate II

I think that your problems is that your gateway is mono channel and your node is traying to send Join Request on 64 channels. The probability of hitting that channel is complicated. You should try to block the unused channels in the node on REGIONXXXXX.c file.

Regards.

Hi, thanks for your answer, i could resolve another problem linked to the mono channel gateway, i was using ABP but some frames did not arrive to TTN console, i had to change the frequencies in RegionEU868.h (this board use 3 frequencies as default to send the data) , i will do some tests to check the OTAA and confirm that this solution works for that problem too, but i just wanna ask you how did you know the info about the transmission in 64 channels?, i have seen ST videos about LoRa and i did not remember that they talked about single channel (mono) gateways or node transmission in multiple channels, if you read it in some article,video or document please share it, thanks!