cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[stm32f769i_discovery] section placement failed[solved]

AAhar
Associate III

hi ,

i'm working on stm32f769i discovery , i did an application through the touchgfx i started with one screen and one slider and everything worked fine , but after that i tried to add some pages and images and i got that error msg from the compiler

unable to allocate space for sections/blocks with a total estimated minimum size of 0x21887a bytes (max align 0x4) in <[0x00200000-0x003fffff]> (total uncommitted space 0x1ffe08). 

I tried to reduce the size of the picture but I do not think that's the problem, I've seen more complex applications that were run on this controller,

I would be happy to advise how I can resolve this

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @AAhar​,

Which version of TouchGFX are you running? Which compiler are you using? Which version of the application template for f769i-disco are you using?

Best regards,

Martin

Ozone
Lead

> I tried to reduce the size of the picture but I do not think that's the problem, I've seen more complex applications that were run on this controller,

Dared to look into the map file ?

Complex code use to require much less in code space, compared to pictures. Consider external storage of images.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

What kind of images are you adding? "tried to add some pages and images" - Just got me thinking that if you're adding full screen images you may run into some problems depending on the bit depth of the generated images. 

AAhar
Associate III

Hi i use iar and the latest version of touchgFX, and i solved the problem i needed to use st-link and program the mcu not direct from the iar

Thanks for your answers

That's great to hear