cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Where can you find the h7 DMA request map?

angus schmaloer
Associate III

I want to use DMA on my stm32h7 board, but i can find which channel is used for what protocol ect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You get to make that association, there is less of the channel/stream rigor as there was with earlier STM32 designs.

The DMA unit to use mainly depending on the busing and peripheral bank you're using.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

0690X000008AkFZQA0.jpg

it has this;

0690X000008AkFjQAK.png

I want to use the SAI controller to read data from the AD7768 adc, so im looking at the sai1a_dma, and i can see its on the 87th mux input.

and also another list, but i cant make much practical sence of it.

On the f4 you have a clear table with each channel and stream, but i cant find anything like that of the h7.

Yes, i saw this list, and i saw that the sai1a_dma is on signal 87 of the dma mux, but to which channel does that translate?

To which you assign it in DMAMUX. That's what DMAMUX is for.

If you don't want any of the fancy stuff, simply write 87 into say DMAMUX1_C0CR.DMAREQ_ID, and then your SAI_A DMA triggers stream 0 of DMA1.

Disclaimer, I don't use 'H7.

JW

You get to make that association, there is less of the channel/stream rigor as there was with earlier STM32 designs.

The DMA unit to use mainly depending on the busing and peripheral bank you're using.

aaah thnx, at first i thought there were preassigned dma channels for peripherals (like, i thought, the f4).

thanks