cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX simulator crash when try to load monochrome images.

MLebl
Associate II

I have insert a images in .png format in one screen. When the simulator run, i'm able to see all the screen but it freeze when it try to load the one with the image.

The project is configured in 1bpp and I have edited the image to convert it in black/white without grayscale.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @MLebl​,

It seems we already had a task in our system to fix a bug related to decoding monochrome images (Some corner cases), and this may apply to the images you're trying to display. So, may be a bug known to us - Apologies! It's already been fixed but will have to be released first. We're working on 4.12 and 4.11 isn't even released yet.

Are you able to try with some other images or different versions of that image to see if you can make it work?

I will try to keep yup updated.

Best regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @MLebl​,

When you say your project is configured in 1bpp, how do you mean? Can you show me your configuration? My guess is that you're running into an assert in the concrete LCD class (Maybe you're not using LCD1bpp to display a 1bpp image).

/Martin

MLebl
Associate II

Hi Martin,

I have attached my project. From the first screen you can press '1' to pass to the second screen where monochrome images should be displayed.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Thanks, i'll check it out!

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

I can confirm that there is some sort of issue with that image in your project in a run length encoded 1bpp application. Investigating (It does work for other images).

Actually, the application is looping infinitely trying to decode the image.

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @MLebl​,

It seems we already had a task in our system to fix a bug related to decoding monochrome images (Some corner cases), and this may apply to the images you're trying to display. So, may be a bug known to us - Apologies! It's already been fixed but will have to be released first. We're working on 4.12 and 4.11 isn't even released yet.

Are you able to try with some other images or different versions of that image to see if you can make it work?

I will try to keep yup updated.

Best regards,

Martin

MLebl
Associate II

Hi,

I tried with several version of the image but it still does not work.

When the next released is planned ?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

I can't say, we're too dependent on other deadlines now. But, you can disable RLE and just go BW for your images for now (In your config/app.mk configuration).

/Martin