cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch GFX without external flash

Plaramee
Associate III

Hi, I would like to implement a boot loader and still use touch gfx to show very basic info on our screen while the firmware update process is taking place. Probably a black background with white text showing the progress.

Is there a way to build the font and bitmap data and store them into the STM32 internal flash so that, from this bootloader, I can update the external flash containing all the fonts and bitmaps of our application firmware?

What is the firmware update strategy you guys are using to update the external flash of your main application's firmware in the field?

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
cameronf
Senior

You can delete the QSPI region and section from the linker script for your bootloader. Now the attributes in the generated .cpp files telling your assets to be mapped to external flash don't mean anything and everything will map to your internal flash assuming it can all fit.

Plaramee
Associate III

Thank you, this seems to be working. I just need to find a way to make everything fit in 256kB now. For now I'm at 180kB so I'm good, but my bootloader code is not finished. Hopefully there will be still some free space when I'm done!