cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTP Client OR NetworkInterface.c file for STM32L475VG on DISCO-L475VG-IOT01A

JRade
Associate II

I am trying to initialize the RTC on the STM32L475VG with the current network time, so I would like to use NTP. I am also using FreeRTOS. NTP uses UDP as a protocol and I would like to use FreeRTOS+TCP to connect to this socket. However, FreeRTOS+TCP requires a portable NetworkInterface.c file that I cannot find for the STM32L4 series micro controllers. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find this file ported to the STM32L4 or if there are already written NTP clients for the STM32L4 series micro controllers.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Piranha
Chief II

STM32L4 doesn't have Ethernet and You haven't said how are You going to connect it to any network.

ST doesn't provide FreeRTOS+TCP integration. ST provides lwIP integration for Ethernet peripheral, but the problem is that it's terribly flawed.

I am using the DISCO-L475VG-IOT01A evaluation board, which has the Inventek ISM43362 on it. Is there a NetworkInterface.c file that's been ported to this hardware? I know that this WiFi module supports UDP sockets, so I am confused as to why there wouldn't be a NetworkInterface.c port to this device.

Piranha
Chief II

https://www.inventeksys.com/wifi/wifi-modules/ism4336-m3g-l44-e-embedded-serial-to-wifi-module/

The Wi-Fi module requires no operating system and has an integrated TCP/IP stack that only requires a simple AT command set to establish connectivity for your wireless product.

And the same text is written in ST's user manual also. You don't need +TCP, lwIP or any other IP stack - You need USART communication with AT commands.

TBroy
Associate II

Ok, that sounds really great, and I mean that a real paradigm shift, but how do I use it to create a webserver or a tcp terminal?

Thanks!

First You have to get TCP connections working. Then on top of that one way or another You must implement/integrate some kind of HTTP server for web and Telnet or SSH server for terminal.

I appreciate the reply. I did open a ticket with support, asking if there was a echo server example. They told me to contact the chip manufacturer. When I get something working I'll post back.

T