cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STLink v2 firmware available?

load2005
Associate III

Hi All,

I want to integrate STLink into my device to make it more convenient to debug and test.

As the schematics available it is not complicated to repeat the programmer.

My question is about firmware. I need .hex to flash the programmer. Is it available? I didn't found it on a website. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

This is a repetitively asked question. You might well be able to licence it from ST, most everyone else just finds the binary online and uses that.

>>I didn't found it on a website.

Sharpen those search skills.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
load2005
Associate III

Sorry if that was asked already,

The .hex i found on an internet is not working. It only provides USB connection so the firmware can be updated to the normal version.

Why do i need to license it? I only need .hex file. Does it cost money?

Geoffrey1
Associate III

It really depends upon your needs. If you want to use swd to flash code and simple debugging, you could use daplink which is available in open source and works with openocd and other debugging platforms. We had a similar need, but also needed the somewhat high bandwidth that STLINK provides for data transfer. We also needed to be able to add functionality to the processor, so we implemented the STLINK interface with our own code https://github.com/geoffreymbrown/iulink. We didn't implement the trace output because we didn't need it. The binary fits on an stm32f042 which is the cheapest way to get a USB interface. As always, the biggest impediment to USB is getting a VID/PID which I don't have.