cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use M24SR64-Y to read data from or write data on MifareClassic (NDEF Formatable) Tag?

OElzi
Associate

I am using STM32F401RE and M24SR64-Y to read data from or write data on Mifare tags, and I have some questions, Can I use X-CUBE-NFC4 software with M24SR64-Y ? , as on your site the only compatible software is X-CUBE-NFC1.

So, please can you explain to me how can I use M24SR64-Y to read data from or write data on MifareClassic (NDEF Formatable) Tag?

Also how can I change st.com in the code?

i changed st.com into facebook.com

/* Prepare URI NDEF message content */

strcpy( URI.protocol,URI_ID_0x01_STRING );

strcpy( URI.URI_Message,"facebook.com" );

strcpy( URI.Information,"\0" );

and the output doesn't change from st.com to facebook.com !!

I replaced all "st" in the code with "facebook" and again the output doesn't change.

Do you have any idea how is that possible to write "st.com" on the tag while there isn't any "st" in the code?!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

HI,

if you want to read/write data from/to a tag through the RF interface, you need to use a tag reader such as:

M24SR64-Y is dynamics Type 4 tag (i.e. tag having a RF interface and a I2C interface). The X-CUBE-NFC1 is used to write data on this tag through the I2C interface. This cannot be used to read/write data through the RF interface on other tags and therefore this is not suitable for your purpose.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

HI,

if you want to read/write data from/to a tag through the RF interface, you need to use a tag reader such as:

M24SR64-Y is dynamics Type 4 tag (i.e. tag having a RF interface and a I2C interface). The X-CUBE-NFC1 is used to write data on this tag through the I2C interface. This cannot be used to read/write data through the RF interface on other tags and therefore this is not suitable for your purpose.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.