cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to establish a ethernet connection with our PCs to STM32MP15DK2 ?

Vthul
Associate II

We are trying to establish a ethernet connection with our PCs. But we are not able to do so.

Do we need to custom configure the ethernet port in order to access it?

Is there any prerequisite that we need to follow?

STM32MP157C DK2

6 REPLIES 6
CROUL
Associate

​Hi,

A good entry point is https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_perform_ssh_connection

(verify that you have ssh daemon "sshd" on target)

If always failed, can you tell me which error you have ?

Thanks

Christophe

Vthul
Associate II

Hello,

We are able to assign the Static IP assignment with ipconfig eth0 ***.***.***.*** netmask 25.255.255.0 up.

We are looking for the possibilities of Dynamic IP assignment(Auto configuration upon boot to avoid static IP assignment).

Request your support for the same.

We would also like to know if any DHCP client is available with the provided stlinux image in the starters package.

Thank you.

Viveknath

CROUL
Associate

​Be carreful when you put static IP, because if you have set IP @ which is not in same sub-network of your PC, it is failed.

Why you do not use DHCP ? launch "udhcpc" in target to retrieve automatically @IP (provided by your DHCP server)

Please give me more information (which cmd you enter on your PC (ssh ?) which error you have (log))

Thanks

Christophe

GKazi
Associate II

I have similar issue. It looks like STM32MP157C-DK2 does not support auto mdi/mdx.

So you should use approproate cable or just use ethernet switch.

The STM32MP157C-DK2 support automatic cable crossing configuration, direct connection to a PC has been tested with either normal or crossed RJ45 cable.

Note that for direct connection (i.e. not using a home/corporate network switch/router/firewall/etc...), the PC side should run a DHCP server in order to allow the automatic assignment of a valid IP address to the STM32MP157C-DK2 Ethernet interface.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
j_gil
Associate II

I get a related issue, I can't connect via ssh to the board. With the ST-link and "ip addr show eth0" I get the address and port (isn't it a bit strange that port is 24 instead of 22?)

However I try to connect via ethernet it always times out and no connection is made. I tried following the steps Christophe pointed out but when I try to restart the ssh service I get "-sh: /etc/init.d/sshd: No such file or directory"

EDIT: Solved it, sorry for the post, it was an issue with VPN.