cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load program using Micro-B USB

SPraj.15
Associate II

Hello,

I'm using STM32F030 series controller. currently we use JTAG connector to load a program into flash memory, using ST-LINK debugger externally.

Now i want to load a program into flash memory using Micro-B USB in my device without using any external debugger.

Please suggest suitable circuit and possible solution.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

" on-board USB"

The board may have a usb port but the STM32F030C6 definitely not have.

So, between the computer and the device must have an interface like STlink or other SW adapter or a usb to serial adapter.

Btw, what kind of board you use?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi

STM32F030 can only be programmed by using USART on pins PA14/PA15 or PA9/PA10 or I2C on pins PB6/PB7 for STM32F030xC devices ,by invoking internal boot loader.

F070 devices have this capability to programmed from USB.

Does AN2606 suggest the ROM supports DFU mode? Check also build size of user based DFU code, and if that and your application code will fit in device. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello Vangelis,

Thanks for reply.

Can we load program using on-board USB in our device with STM32F030C6 if possible then please share a reference schematic.

Thank you

" on-board USB"

The board may have a usb port but the STM32F030C6 definitely not have.

So, between the computer and the device must have an interface like STlink or other SW adapter or a usb to serial adapter.

Btw, what kind of board you use?

Hello Vangelis,

Currently we are using micro-B USB for only battery charging purpose using Supply and ground pins of USB port.

As you said previously, flash memory is programmed using USART pin PA9/PA10.

So if i connect PA9/PA10 pin with the USB pin(D+ & D-), it is possible to load flash using this configuration, please suggest.

ST link will be needed external?

Thank you