cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't seem to get the Sgfx_ModemAT working

AMart.14
Associate II

Hello,

I'm working on a product that integrates Murata's CMWX1ZZABZ-078 to do either LoRa or Sigfox (in different configurations, with different firmwares). I've tested it with ST-provided example applications for LoRa (AT_Slave and PingPong), and it works fine. But using the Sigfox ModemAT example, with its precompiled library objects, it appears I can't emit on the radio.

First I've built the software using GCC and GNU Make, with a homemade Makefile and small alterations to the code and linker script. Then I've gotten my hands on an IAR EWARM trial version to build the code as provided by ST.

I don't have credentials to access the Sigfox network yet, so I'm testing radio with the command "AT$CW=868". I can see no wave being emitted, and the device seems frozen after the command.

I then tried the same steps on my B-L072Z-LRWAN1, and got the same result, except an additional SFX_ERR_INT_GET_DEVICE_INFO on startup (code 0x0099, no manufacturer error code).

For some reason I can't get OpenOCD through the on-board STLINK to give me feedback on the STM32's state, even when it's working, even though it programs it successfully. (I've commented out the contents of the applicative SCH_Idle(), with no better outcome.), so the only thing I know is the device doesn't respond anymore until it gets a hard reset.

If anyone has any idea on how I can go on from there, I would be grateful.

3 REPLIES 3
AMart.14
Associate II

Hello there, anyone?

AMart.14
Associate II

... one, one, one, WAN...

AMart.14
Associate II

Is everyone dead? Am I the last breathing person on Earth? If so, I guess neither Sigfox nor LoRa will do me any good. Too bad.