cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i fix "Could not determine GDB version using command: " error ?

Selim Sagir
Associate III

Hello,

I am trying to use B-L072Z-LRWAN1 kit with library from Semtech which is Firmware Driver and LoRaWAN Stack V4.1.0. I solved error step by step with adding files one by one. Now that error occurs after Debug program. I am using Ubuntu Disco Dingo.0690X000008AB9nQAG.png

Before this i face with this error when build finished;

Generate build reports done

arm-atollic-eabi-objcopy.exe -O ihex GPS_Demo.elf GPS_Demo.hex 

Cannot run program "arm-atollic-eabi-objcopy.exe": Unknown reason

Error: Program "arm-atollic-eabi-objcopy.exe" not found in PATH

PATH=[/opt/Atollic_TrueSTUDIO_for_STM32_x86_64_9.3.0/ARMTools/bin:/opt/Atollic_TrueSTUDIO_for_STM32_x86_64_9.3.0/Tools:/home/asus/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin]

8 REPLIES 8
IYetk
Associate III

Merhaba,

I received the same error while doing develoment for stm32mp157c-dk2.

Had you found a solution for the error ?

regards

Selim Sagir
Associate III

Merhaba,

I tried STM32CubeIDE sometimes it work sometimes not. I am confused about that error, still. If I can find, I will share with you too.

DTome.1461
Associate

Hi all,

the same happened to me (STM32CubeIde - host ubuntu 19.10); solved with:

sudo apt install libncurses5*

ciao!

Thanks! It really worked!

I had the same problem with STM32CubeIDE on Ubuntu 20.04 machine. Thanks for the hint!

Thanks

Same problem here, but we're in 2024 today : right now, I'm using a Kubuntu 23.10 mantic
And libncurses is only available in version 6, not 5, so :

$ /opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.14.0/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.11.3.rel1.linux64_1.1.100.202309141235/tools/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb -version
/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.14.0/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.11.3.rel1.linux64_1.1.100.202309141235/tools/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Nice. I have to find the *ubuntu way to install old packages. Or return to the good "old" Debian 12. Hoping that it's the only problem forbidding me to run in debug mode.

I know that it's a subject for another post, but I cannot help stating why I'm here : under my previous install of Debian 12, CubeIDE went crazy, consuming huge amount of virtual memory, until a fatal crash (causing a PC freeze, hard reset, temporary loss of some SSDs), so the damages to the Debian 12 forced me to install a Kubuntu (because why not). And it's still the case, see the Virtual Size column here :

Crazy.CubeIDE.png

I'm using the last version of CubeIDE AFAIK :
CubeIDE-version.png

still no solution here? I am facing the same issue. At least I am not alone 🙂