cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer with higher operating temperature range?

VGuer
Associate II

Hi,

I am using the accelerometer IIS2DLPTR and i saw in the datasheet that the maximum operation temperature is 85°C. Is there an accelerometer that has the same features that the one I am using but that has a higher maximum operation temperature?

Best Regards

Vicente

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

HI Vicente, which is your target application? I would suggest you to use an automotive graded (AEC-100) accelerometer, such as AIS328DQ, which is not pin-to-pin compatible with the IIS2DLPC but is a 3-axis axl, similar selectable FSs (not the 16g) and similar operating range (noise a bit higher), and has an extended range of temperature up to 105°C. Regards

Hi Eleon,

The accelerometer would be embedded in a PCB that is going to be inside hot diesel with an average temperature of 90°C. The IIS2DLPTR works really good but the issue is the range temperature. I took a look to the datasheet of this AIS328DQ that you recommended and could work but it is important also the product life cycle. Do you know if this accelerometer would be in the market in long term maybe 10 years?

Regards

Vicente

​HI Vicente, thank you for the app details. Please consider that all the automotive-graded sensors (AIS328DQ included) have a 10-years longevity guaranteed. Regards

Thanks for the information Eleon. Are there other options that have this temperature range or higher maybe from the automotive-graded family or any other one that you could recommend me?