cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware TFT interfacing.

LACTIC
Associate II

I am attaching pin diagram of a TFT, which I want interface with STM32F207. I am confusing in its pins to connect with Nucleo Board.

10 REPLIES 10
AIM65
Associate III

Hi,

May I suggest you first have a read to the very interesting ST Application Note AN4861 about LCD TFT, it’s all in there !

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/25/ca/f9/b4/ae/fc/4e/1e/DM00287603/files/DM00287603.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00287603.pdf

The datasheet of your screen controller (HX8238) says it can operate with serial and parallel inputs for RGB and CCIR mode. This chip has no frame buffer and thus cannot operate in MIPI-DBI (see AN in page 11), only in MIPI-DPI (page 12) and maybe in MIPI-DSI.

The F2 family description on ST web site says F2 has no LTDC (video controller) so it won’t be able to drive a screen in RGB , only in MIPI-DBI.

Based on those data I think you can’t connect this screen to a F2, you’ll need a LDTC which is embedded in some parts of L4, F4, F7 and H7 families.

Hi,

Thank you to reply.

Please confirm me that you were also read attached document.

Tell me from which site I can understand MIPI-DPI and MIPI-DSI.

Can such type of TFT work in SPI mode.

AIM65
Associate III

Hi,

I did mention the Application Note AN4861because it briefly explain what are MIPI standards, read it.

The document you attached is the HX8238 Datasheet, this is what I also mentionned in my first answer.

About your last question, this TFT controller cannot operate in Parallel CPU mode or SPI (MIPI-DBI).

The SPI port of the HX8238 is intended to manage HX8238 internal register configuration, not display content.

OK ,

I will read this  Application Note , after that if any problem will came I will write about that problem.

AIM65
Associate III

OK. ST publish a lot of material, particulary on their youtube channel. Some videos talk about display (LTDC ans Chrome Art); those are MOOC and presentation of families L4 and F7. I'll have a look later and try to find the relevant vidéo.

LACTIC
Associate II

Thank You.

AIM65
Associate III

There's a MOOC dedicated to video graphics. It cover general knowledge and STM32 ecosystem.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnMKNibPkDnEPx2DWBfYOAIQyE7mrcyiq

Chris