cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED: CubeMX 5.1.0 re-generated project for SW4STM32 linker script *.LD file is empty. GONE: with CubeMX 5.2

G_1
Associate II

CubeMX 5.1.0 and STM32F302 every time a project is re-generated the

STM32F302R8Tx_FLASH.ld file is empty.

19 REPLIES 19
Francesco Agosti
Associate II
G_1
Associate II

If i delete the LD file before the project is re-generated then all works fine.

This is probably a mistake from the cube. Are there cube programmers present or is there any ticket system for bugs?

So long

G

fronders
Senior

@Francesco Agosti​ @G​ 

I experience this problem with CubeMX 5.1.0 too. First time project is generated OK with linker script present and being correct. If I regenerate project (not touch the *.LD script), CubeMX makes the *.LD file empty. Only if I delete the LD file then it regenerates okay.

With empty LD file the built binary is 8 bytes and is basically empty..

This is definitely a CubeMX bug.

@G you should probably add some *bug* tags to the original post for the ST staff to show up here..

@Khouloud GARSI​ would you please take a look at this, or forward to the responsible employees. Thank you.

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hello,

This is reported internally to our CubeMX team for further check and we will keep you posted about any further update regarding this request.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have brought.

Khouloud.

Hi @G​ 

I did the same scenario and i did not have a problem, the STM32F302R8Tx_FLASH.ld  file is generated normally.

0690X000008AkEqQAK.png

Could you please tell me which SW4STM32 version and Firmware package do you use ?

Best regards,

Nesrine

@Nesrine.JLASSI​ 

I have this issue from time to time. Both on SW4STM32 v 2.8.1 and 2.7.0 using CubeMX 5.1.0 rc6, package F4 v1.24.0 (i use F446 MCU)

The issue is that after REgeneration of project (not initial, but 2nd or 3rd, from time to time it shifts) the LD file becomes empty. File exists but empty. And after next regeneration is stays empty until I delete it. Then CubeMX regenerates it okay.

You should try it multiple times, it doesn't do that EVERY single try.

​Hi @ fronders

Yes, i tired it multiple times, and i did not have the issue.

Could you please send me your .ioc file to check the problem?

Best ragards.

Nesrine

G_1
Associate II

Please try with a machine Win7 / 32bit

​Hi @G​ 

Thanks for the feedback,

Please try with CubeMX 5.2.0 version. It must be OK this time.

Best regards.

Nesrine