cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How ST25R3911B Read & Write a NFC business card

DZhan.10
Associate

I have ST25R3911B-DISCO and its GUI. How can I read a NFC business card, I have ST and NXP two type business card, all is ISO14443A type. How can I read business card information? If I have a blank card, how can I make a business card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Travis Palmer
ST Employee

​Dear Johnd,

Reading/Writing NDEF messages can be done with the above mentioned STSW-ST25R001 and the ST25R3911B-DISCO board.

To do so, visit www.st.com and download / install the software package. After connecting the board and starting the ST25R3911B-Discovery GUI switch to the "ST25 Tag Editor".

0690X000008A6fKQAS.png

The ST25R3911B-DISCO comes with ST25TA64K tag, which perfectly fits for this kind of application. place the tag on the ST25R3911B-DISCO board.

0690X000008A6grQAC.png

Now select "ISO14443-A => NFC Type 4A - NDEF message user interface" from the top menue.

Now select "Prepare NDEF MESSAGE" MIMME vcard to generate the buisness card ndef message.

0690X000008A6iTQAS.png

Fill all required information and click add record to message.

Afterwards change to write ndef message and click write ndef message. The log output shows that the NDEF message has been written to the tag.

Now you can verify that the NDEF message is done proberly by switching back to "READ NDEF MESSAGE" or using a smartphone.

BR Travis

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mon2
Senior III

Hi.

1) Download and run the following GUI tool:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-st25r001.html

The above will allow you to read out the details stored inside the RFID tag.

2) ST25R3911B is a READER only.

3) If you wish to write to the NFC tag then you will have to use another tool / board to perform this task. From memory, believe that TI has some solutions but you will have to confirm. Probably can source some built up boards and s/w from Aliexpress or similar.

Hope this helps.

Travis Palmer
ST Employee

​Dear Johnd,

Reading/Writing NDEF messages can be done with the above mentioned STSW-ST25R001 and the ST25R3911B-DISCO board.

To do so, visit www.st.com and download / install the software package. After connecting the board and starting the ST25R3911B-Discovery GUI switch to the "ST25 Tag Editor".

0690X000008A6fKQAS.png

The ST25R3911B-DISCO comes with ST25TA64K tag, which perfectly fits for this kind of application. place the tag on the ST25R3911B-DISCO board.

0690X000008A6grQAC.png

Now select "ISO14443-A => NFC Type 4A - NDEF message user interface" from the top menue.

Now select "Prepare NDEF MESSAGE" MIMME vcard to generate the buisness card ndef message.

0690X000008A6iTQAS.png

Fill all required information and click add record to message.

Afterwards change to write ndef message and click write ndef message. The log output shows that the NDEF message has been written to the tag.

Now you can verify that the NDEF message is done proberly by switching back to "READ NDEF MESSAGE" or using a smartphone.

BR Travis