cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with generating a code

Conuk
Associate

Hi, so i am trying to get the firmware package (stm32_fw_L1_v180).

First, stmcubemx would not let me generate a code because i do not have the above stated firmware package. So, I tried installing the software through stm32CubeMX but it showed an error that said "HTTP access denied" and "dependencies not loaded". 

Then, i found the file on st website and downloaded it, i tried to use "from local" to add the file, but it said that there are no dependencies for the file. I dont know what else to do. Is it possible to generate a code without the firmware package.

I know this might be a very basic question but i am new to stm32 and this is my first project, so any help is appreciated.

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

>>HTTP access denied

Are you behind a proxy/firewall? Many corporate systems live behind a proxy, make sure to configure that in CubeMX so it can pull files from the web server. Check the proxy settings in your browser, copy those over as appropriate.

>> Is it possible to generate a code without the firmware package.

Generally compilers don't care, you can build stuff with no dependencies if that's how you create your code/project. You could tell it you have a Generic Cortex-M3 and proceed from there. This however involves you get more into the details of the part, and coding all the routines which would otherwise come from a support library.

You might want to review some tutorial/training videos from the web, I can imagine the process is a bit daunting otherwise. But the IDE and STM32 are not markedly different from any other embedded development tools or micro-controller.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..