cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Thread-CLI example on STM32WB

WThal
Associate II

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate Thread connectivity with my brand new STM32WB development kit using Thread_Cli_Cmd example. I connect the board NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo to my PC via the ST-LINK connector then I run STM32Cubeprogrammer, did a full chip erase and loaded the binary stm32wb5x_Thread_FTD_fw.bin at address 0x0809F000. Then I set the jumpers as per readme.txt in the Thread_Cli_Cmd folder. Then I loaded the pre-built example Thread_Cli_Cmd_reference.hex. Then I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in then I run PuTTY and connect to the COM port created by ST-LINK. I then type stuff but I get nothing back, I was expecting to get the > symbol when I press enter or error messages when I type garbage. I also connected the other USB cable to the USB_USER connector but nothing appears on device manager. Am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
WThal
Associate II

​Can anybody let me know what is the best example to get started using Thread? I'm starting to think that I jumped into the STM32WB too early as I found very little support compared to Nordic and Silicon Labs options.

MP123
Associate III

Coap generic is fairly simple.